Do you want to know how to earn money as a student? If yes, then you are in the right place. The student phase is one of the most essential phases of an individual. Also, it is the time when you are financially dependent on your parents.
Today, with the internet growing, there are sufficient opportunities for students to earn money. The only thing that they need is the right skills to make money.
Unlike the traditional ways of working part-time as a student, where you need to be present physically, now you can earn extra income from the comfort of your home.
One of the most significant difficulties a student faces is whether they should focus on how to earn money as a student or give importance to their studies.
If you are in this dilemma, don’t worry, as you can do both simultaneously! Getting a job as a student comes with multiple benefits. If you are a student and want to work, this blog will tell you about the best ways to earn money for students.
Studying & Working: A Unique Combination
Balancing both work and study is rewarding in several ways. However, this combination demands some balance and patience, but it will be beneficial in the future.
Whether you are interested in working as a part-time or a full-time employee, setting your priorities from the first day is essential.
Many find it hard to go to college and work full-time, but balancing these two will make you more confident and financially independent. Also, you will learn to develop professional skills in the future.
Benefits of Learning New Skills to Make Money Online
Working while studying has its advantages and disadvantages; however, the advantages that come with it can help you accomplish your career objectives. Now, let us explore the benefits of earning money as a student.
Gaining experience- Work experience helps you decide on your career path, allows you to improve your skills, and showcases your strengths as a student. One of the best ways to upskill yourself is to do things practically.
By practicing things, you will learn to work with a team. Also, you will be asked to handle different workloads, but this will let you find out how reliable or responsible you are.
Networking- Networking possibilities are another reason for students to work as it allows them to meet new people and develop new relationships in the professional world. You can show your capabilities as a student, leading to professional growth.
Networking is a great place to start, as working in a professional world with professionals can provide multiple job opportunities for you. You will also understand various business settings and what they can do to improve your network contacts.
Learning hard & soft skills- Students get a job in a different field than they are studying. Even if you work in retail, you can learn both hard and soft skills.
Verbal communication is one of the most critical skills to make money, as your job may need interaction with your teammates.
Leadership is another skill you learn once you start working, including training new joiners, making schedules, handling teams or tasks. Etc.
Another skill that you develop while working is time management. It plays a significant role in the professional world.
How to Earn Money as a Student
1. Affiliate Marketing- Students can earn money online through Affiliate Marketing. It signifies promoting products or services of various brands within your network and making money whenever a client buys a product through an affiliate link.
If you have a website or a social media following, you can start earning money immediately by promoting all types of products and services online.
2. Freelancing– is the best way to earn money for students, especially those who want to know how to make money.
The reason is evident because freelancing is one option where people can work at their convenience and time. You can find freelancing jobs in different sectors, like content marketing, SEO, proofreading, etc.
How to start freelancing?
- Identify the skills you have and are interested in providing service for.
- Practice and build a professional portfolio that mentions all your work.
- Register yourself on top freelancing sites like Fiverr, Upwork, etc.
- Quote the price you are planning to demand.
- Once you complete the work, submit your work and get paid.
3. Micro-Gigs- Micro jobs are those small jobs that must be completed within a few minutes. These jobs seem less popular but can be a source of income. These jobs are required both by solopreneurs and entrepreneurs.
They usually don’t have enough time to do small tasks like creating an Excel sheet, writing emails, etc. So, they post micro-gig jobs and appoint somebody who can do these tasks for them. Once they complete the work, they pay them immediately.
How to Get Started
- Create an account and register on any gig posting app or platform.
- Browse gig postings and find the one that matches your interests and skills.
- Once you find specific jobs, apply for them.
- Complete your task and get the payment.
4. Start Tutoring Online- Students keep learning new things, so earn money online by sharing new ideas. Whether you want to share knowledge with school children or offer courses for adults who want to learn something different, you only need a good internet connection.
You can sign up with a virtual learning platform like SkillShare or Udemy or contact your friends or relatives through social media. It will help them advertise your online tutoring sessions.
The best thing about this job is you don’t have to invest in anything, though you must brush up your teaching skills.
Based on your total years of experience and the subject, you can earn nearly Rs. 200 to 500 per hour.
Can you continue this job with your studies? The answer is yes, as tutoring might not be a viable full-time job; you can either continue this job part-time or full-time.
5. Virtual Internships- This is one of the best ways to learn how to earn money as a student. Virtual internships are like in-office internships. The only difference between both options is the location and the mode of communication.
If you are working as a virtual intern, you need to complete day-to-day tasks allocated to you. The job will be related to the same field in which you are working, and you will be paid for the same.
To get into a virtual internship, first, you need to create a resume in which you should mention your education, expertise, and experience. Build an exceptional portfolio for all your projects.
Select the option “Internship” and start applying. Once selected, you can start working and earn money online from home.
6. Data Entry- Every company maintains records of their transactions, income, loans, expenditure, etc. This task is often allocated to the data entry operator as senior accountants have other essential duties.
You can easily make money online if you are good at operating computers and are interested in maintaining accounts.
Through data entry jobs. The best part of this job profile is that in this profile, you don’t have to work the entire day. Working 3 to 4 hours regularly will give you a fixed monthly income.
To begin with, you must improve your communication skills and search for platforms that will help you in this regard.
Look for data-entry jobs and choose the ones you are comfortable with. Start doing the assignment, and once completed, get your payment.
7. Blogging– If you are a student and want to earn money in India, consider blogging. Creating a blog or a website can serve as a leading source for all your online activities and could be a revenue source.
8. Dropshipping- Another option using which a student can earn money is dropshipping. It is an order fulfillment technique that requires the seller to maintain an inventory of the products they are selling.
So, whenever somebody buys a product listed on a seller’s page, the order will be redirected to the manufacturer, who needs to pack and ship the product to the right customer.
You can start this part-time business without extra investment and pay for sold products. The best thing about this business is that you do not have to worry about maintaining inventory or paying storage costs.
9. Digital Marketer- Digital marketing promotes products and services through different online channels like social media, search engines, websites, mobile apps, and email.
Digital marketing is one of the popular career options for students by which they can earn money online.
As a student, you can create content to promote any product or service, optimize websites for better ranking, manage paid ad campaigns, create viral campaigns, and many more.
Digital marketing is an excellent source of income as you can create different products, like online courses, eBooks, etc. In addition, you can use digital marketing strategies to bring traffic to your website and then start earning through ads.
10. Virtual Assistant- For students with good communication skills, becoming a Virtual Assistant is the best way to earn money. A virtual assistant is a person who has to do all their tasks online.
Many companies seek virtual assistants for social media management, data entry, transcribing, and research notes. As a virtual assistant, you must work with single or different clients. Your payment will depend on your tasks, your working hours, etc.
Start Your Earning Journey as A Student
Digitization is growing and is going to stay. So, you must bring changes in your living style as well as the way you earn money. When you go to the office daily to make money, those times are gone. Now, students can earn money while studying. Today, there are multiple options for earning money online for students.
So, don’t wait anymore! Start your earning journey!