Bachelor of Science, commonly known as B.Sc, is a standard undergraduate degree for those studying Science in classes 11 and 12.
The traditional 3-year B.Sc course will include Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Biology, Mathematics, and Botany. Students can specialize in these disciplines and pursue a bachelor’s in Science in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, etc.
In this blog, we will discuss:
- B.Sc as a career option
- Top 10 career options after bsc
- Best courses to pursue after B.Sc
- Career Opportunities after B.Sc
B.Sc As a Career Option
If you think of getting a degree in B.Sc, there are different subjects and specializations to select from. Students who have earned their B.Sc degree can pursue various career paths or work choices. These include technical writing, research analysis, and technical writing.
However, an M.Sc degree is required to grow in your career. Applicants can gain benefit over their competition by pursuing specialized B.Sc courses. Attaining this degree increases their chances of getting employment.
Bachelor of Science is one of the most popular degrees in India as it leads to various professional choices. The main benefit is that B.Sc graduates have different topics and subject options for higher education. Many students are confused, thinking:
- What should I do after my BSc?
- What are the career options after bsc.?
- What is the best course after a B.Sc?
The next segment of this article answers these questions. Let us find out the top career options after bsc.
Top 11 Career Options after bsc
Science has many prospects with different options for higher study and employment. Nonscience degree programs include everything that is not related to Science. It includes:
- Computer Technology
- Law and Social Work
Here are some of the popular career options after bsc.
1. M.Sc ( Master of Science)
Pursuing M.Sc for higher studies after graduation with a B.Sc degree is the most obvious choice. It offers specialization in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, etc. Talking about the career options after bsc, the job roles after M.Sc include:
- Lab Technician
- Chemical Analyst
- Assistant Professor
- Biochemist, Statistician,
- Food and Drug Inspector
- Research Scientist
- Junior Research Fellow
2. MCA (Master of Computer Application)
MCA is a postgraduate program like M. Sc, mainly focusing on Computer Science. Some of the MCA specialization fields include:
- Systems Development
- Systems Management
- Systems Engineering
Some of the essential jobs for MCA degree holders include:
- Technical Consultant
- Computer System Analyst
- Hardware Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Software Engineer
- Web designer or Web developer
- Software Architect and Software Consultant
- Software Developer
3. MBA (Master of Business Administration)
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a professional degree offering practical and academic business administration training. Some of the high-profile managerial positions available to MBA graduates include:
- Operations Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Finance Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
- Marketing Manager
4. B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education)
B.Ed is one of the most popular career options after bsc. B.Ed degrees are a good career choice for those who aim to be professors and teachers in the future.
It trains graduates in different and unique academic strategies to boost their training abilities.
B.Ed programs help people with their skills and expand their information to offer an excellent education to their students. Teaching offers employment security, a good salary, job satisfaction, and a variable schedule.
5. Apply for Government exams.
If you are thinking, “What can I do after bsc,” then you can appear for various government exams, such as:
- RBI exams
- IFS exams
- IARI- Lab Assistant
- AIIMS- Nursing Officer
- SBI PO and LIC-AAO
Getting selected in these exams will brighten your career, and you will have successful career growth.
6. Technical Short-term courses like PGDM
One of the best career options after bsc is doing any short-term technical courses. That includes specialization in a specific field. Some of these types of courses are:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Certified Financial Planner
- Data Visualization
- Diploma in Digital Marketing and Certificate Program in Data Science
- Business Accounting and Taxation
7. Data Science– Data Science has become the best course after bsc. The role of a Data Scientist has been declared as one of the popular jobs of the twenty-first century.
As more and more companies started using Data Science technologies like AI and Machine Learning, the demand for certified Data Science experts is rising. As a result, the need for Data Science courses is increasing.
8. Digital Marketing- Digital marketing is one of the most popular courses nowadays. If you are looking for career options after bsc, you must not neglect digital marketing as a career choice. You can pursue digital marketing courses both online and offline.
The course will teach you how to conduct market research, create effective marketing campaigns, create a website, run ads on Google and Social media, rank the website on the top page of search engines, and many more. With the number of digital marketing jobs rising daily, you will find a high-salaried job after completing the course.
9. Machine Learning– Machine Learning, a subdivision of Data Science, is a hot and increasing market trend. Machine Learning applications govern all sectors of modern industry, from IT to healthcare and education. As the demand for trained and experienced Machine Learning specialists grows, many prefer online Machine Learning certification courses.
10. Management– After completing bsc, another career option in the bsc courses list is Management. Management classes are the most acceptable approach to learning about leadership, business management, and innovation. Management courses focus on improving knowledge, productivity, and business skills.
11. LLM– LLM or Master of Laws is another standard career option after completing bsc. LLM is a postgraduate degree designed to improve your academic legal knowledge, letting you focus on specific areas of interest.
Which is the Best Course After bsc?
There are various after-bsc courses to choose from. You can choose from among those courses whichever suits your requirements and interests. These courses give an extra boost to your career and act as a golden ticket in your resume. Mentioning that, let us have a look at a few of these courses:
- Programming for Data Science with R
- Data Science for Business Leaders
- Data Visualization
- Business Analytics
- Financial Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- Natural Language Processing
Career Opportunities After B.Sc
B.Sc graduates have several career opportunities. After pursuing a particular course from the above-given options, graduates or postgraduates can look for employment opportunities in the following sectors depending upon their skills, specialization, and field of interest.
Following are the career opportunities you can choose from:
- Agriculture Industry
- Oil industry
- Food Institutes
- Educational Institutes
- Space Research Institutes
- Testing Laboratories
- Chemical Industry
- Biotechnology Firms
- Wildlife Departments
- Forest Services
Job Options After BSc and Their Responsibilities
Research Scientist- BSc graduates in chemistry, biology, computer science, or physics can build a research career work in industries like biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare.
Environmental Scientist- BSc graduates in Environmental Science can work in various fields like sustainability, conversion, and environmental consulting.
Data Analyst- BSc graduates in mathematics, computer science, or statistics can build a career as a data analyst. Also, they can work in industries like marketing, technology, and finance.
Trainer- BSc graduates can be science trainers, training college or high school students.
Forensic Scientist- BSc graduates in forensic Science can work in criminal justice and law enforcement areas.
Health Professional- BSc graduates who have graduated in healthcare-related fields like pharmacy, nursing, and physical therapy can become health professionals who can work in clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities.
Geologist- BSc graduates in Geology can build careers in the mining, environmental, or energy industries.
Science Writer- Students who have completed graduation in the science field and have strong written and communication skills can choose the profession of a science writer. They can work in the field of journalism, communication, or publishing.
After completing your bsc degree, there are several courses to choose from. To summarize, B.Sc is a promising course, and as you can see, there are several career options after bsc. You need to find your areas of interest and choose a specialized course accordingly.
- Which is the best course after bsc?
Here are some of the best bsc courses:
- M.Sc ( Master of Science)
- MBA ( Master of Business Administration)
- B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education)
- MCA ( Master of Computer Application)
2. What are the fields after Bsc?
Once you complete your bsc degree, you can choose from various courses. By putting in extra effort, BSc graduates can pursue Banking, Management, Medicine, Fashion, Journalism, Fashion, or any other field that suits their requirements and preferences.
3. What is the best course after BSc PCM?
The best options after BSc PCM include an MSc in Mathematics, Chemistry, or Physics. During this modern era, when technology is the most significant thing, you can use Computer Science as one of your post-graduation subjects to improve your job opportunities.
4. What jobs can I apply for after completing a bsc?
Based on your chosen subjects in BSc, you can apply for various job options after bsc, such as a Research Scientist, Lab Technician, Clinical Research Specialist, Biotechnologist, Law, Journalism, and many more.
Top companies like IBM, Google, Amazon, Wipro, and Yahoo hire BSc graduates based on specialization.
5. Is bsc a good career option?
While considering academic degrees after completing class 12, BSc is one of the best career options and a popular choice among students who focus on growing their careers in Science and Technology. Unlike other degrees, this course is three years, making it feasible.
You also have a wide range of subjects, including Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Information Technology, Botany, Microbiology, Mathematics, Animation, Nursing, Agriculture, Hospitality, Geography, and Economics.
6. What to do after BSC?
You can choose a Master’s degree or pursue a B.Ed to become a teacher. You can choose an MBA program to pursue a career in Management or continue preparing for government jobs like SSC.